n

Saturday, November 26, 2005

the art of manipulation

later on in the day of my previous post, something strange happened. my ex, K, called me to offer me a lift to work. although it sounds strange, for those who know him will probably know of his motivations. he had to drive to work and wanted to make use of the transit lane so that he wouldnt be stuck in traffic. i agreed and later told G (the new boy) about it in passing. he didnt seem to take it well. he had told me on many occasion that he doesnt deal with ex's very well, that he has been burnt before.

and just because of this little incident, he communicated that he had felt really bad about the way he has been with respect to his 'hot ex' and that he will try to rectify it in the future. so, essentially, without doing anything, i had inadvertently manipulated him into doing what i wanted - without having to seem petty, or whiny, etc. in fact, i could continue to say that 'its ok, i understand that u and 'hot ex' are friends, and i'm ok about it...' (not completely true, but not a lie either)

although this wasnt my intended result, i had realised how easy it was to manipulate him. it sounds bad i know, but he is so honest with me and puts me on such a pedestal that, it's simply quite easy. but as they say: with power comes responsibility. i will try my best to wield my power for good and not evil... or not to wield it at all.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Lyndon said...

Hehehe, how are you gonna just 'Not wield it'. Thats too hard.

Guys are naive creatures at heart!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Lyndon said...

A bit quiet here :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home