n

Sunday, November 13, 2005

How do you think you're going?

Is it true that men are naturally better at bragging about themselves and women tend to be more... humble? Not necessarily humble, but women seem to prefer to self deprecate in a hope to fish for compliments. So, when it comes to review time, women perhaps would tend to short sell themselves?

Must try my best to avoid this from happening to me.

This is my first 'proper' review, and it's killing me. i have vouched to do this for about 3 weekends. It's sunday and i'm no closer to getting it done.

perhaps the key from doing a good performance review is unrelated to any innate differences between men and women. perhaps its more important to get off your lazy arse and get it done!

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Lyndon said...

If you dont think the process is valuable, get a mates and change it enough so its not identifiable.

But, you really should get used to doing these, as the HR Hegemony is only going to get stronger over time :-)

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully this isn't said in poor taste, but...

I think the clue train just arrived at my stop - now I know why A always seems so self-deprecating...hehe. Hmm...

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Sevenchild said...

Hehe, maybe you need to take a few hints from me in this department. I effectively got myself a pay rise when I did my staff appraisal!

;-) I think if you nudge out a position description, then assess whether or not you are meeting the requirements and to what degree, then it makes the process a whole lot easier.

But in the end, I agree with Lyndon. These are only going to stay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home