n

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sickies Rock!

It is a bit belated, seeing my first ever sickie was on tuesday, but please let me take this moment to get away from my masters assignment and revel in the glory of my sickie.

where do i start. firstly, i was actually a bit sick. still have the sniffles. But its amazing how much better you are when u are away from work. of course, the gloriously sunny 23 degree day was great to cure any sickness. It was just perfect, lunch with mum, brow shape at beauty parlour, purchased new phone. Plus, with my new phone i got a free bluetooth headset and... wait for it.... an ipod shuffle. Yes... just like the one on my "lemmings" list for about 2 months. yay!

unfortunately, i cant use it yet. my poor little laptop, which runs on windows 98 (or is it ME??) is not good enough for the ipod software. so, to enjoy my shuffle, i must up grade to 2000 (sp 4) or XP. i dunno what i'm going to do... i dont want to lose all the photos on my puter, plase i dont have a copy of the driver for my printer/dvd drive etc.... grrr...

anyway, sickies still rock. much better than doing assignments on the weekend at work!

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Lyndon said...

Ahh the fine tradition of the Aussie sickie. It really is a beautiful thing.

What phone did you get? Something ubercool or a real chickie style flip?

If you have the win2k/xp cd you can install without loosing everything. Might be worth burning a few CD's or copying to an external hard drive though.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger JumpingPuddles said...

Ah... i'm so un-cool, i wouldnt even know what the uber-cool phones were! i got a motorola v3 (i think - the really slim flip phone)... based my choice on the fact that i got free stuff!

yeh, i'm a bit paranoid abt losing my stuff and i dont have a cd burner. i have heard that my friend J.Y. may be able to help me on that one though... (hint hint).. keke...

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there - backing up your stuff shouldn't be too hard. Just move all your stuff into one directory and I'll do the rest. Any "secrets" of interest you're wanting to back up btw? hehe

One thing though - what are the specs of your computer? I haven't used ME in a while, but if you go to Control Panel => System and look under the detail "Computer", you should be able to tell me the CPU and amount of RAM you've got. I'm not sure whether you'll be able to run XP unless you've got at least 512mb. You might have a bit more difficulty acquiring 2000, since XP is most commonly used nowadays. Anyway, give me a call when you want to get things fixed up ok? =)

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, have you got a USB port in your laptop?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home