n

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Mortified

Was at a "dinner party" last night with some friends from work. We had eaten the delicious korean food my friend prepared to our heart's content, and the lull in the conversation signaled the need to enter into the 'other room' for tea and dessert.

I sat up slightly from my chair to adjust my skirt, and as i sat down again, the fat bits on my thighs (hereafter referred to as 'thigh-fat') kinda squished together, compressing a bubble of air. Now that was all fine - except for the fact that it made a 'fart' sound.

Hence the title of this blog. I was mortified.

And i know that this group of 'friends' will NEVER let me live it down. During the rest of the night, i was the subject of a whole galaxy of flatulence jokes and i anticipate that there are plenty more to come. In fact, I feel that this is something that is going to come up at my wedding, and quite possibly my funeral (but i do presume that some of these ppl will die b4 me.. haha...)

I told an old friend of the incident over lunch today and explained how i was completely embarrassed. He kinda chuckled at me (supressing bursts of laughther no doubt) and told me that last week he went to have parmas with his workmates and that he was the only person not to finish the parma. Somehow, i think my story kicks his arse in the embarrassment stakes.

So please, to those of you reading this and feeling my pain. Please share your embarrassing stories. :-)

Many thanks in advance.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People laugh at the fart because it was a once-off occasion where they caught you with, figuratively speaking, your pants down.

However, there is a solution to this problem - fart more often! Then, when it becomes commonplace, the novelty / coolness of their little joke will wear off. You'll just have to take care not to lay any dirt runways.

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Neil said...

Really helpful information, lots of thanks for your post.
Beef And Scallop Saute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home