n

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Stolen lunch at a top tier firm

This is a true story. I'm proud to say that i was a happy recipient of this delightfully entertaining spoof on Friday morning of last week.

Enjoy (see also Addenda at the bottom)


-----Original Message-----
From: Nugent, Katrina
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 9:39 AM
To: sydflr19A - Senior Associates; sydflr19L - Lawyers; sydflr19S - Support Staff
Subject: My lunch...

Yesterday I put my lunch in the fridge on Level 19 which included a packet of ham, some cheese slices and two slices of bread which was going to be for my lunch today.

Over night it has gone missing and as I have no spare money to buy another lunch today, I would appreciate being reimbursed for it.


Katrina Nugent
ext 4739/4434


-----Original Message-----
From: Bird, Melinda
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 9:55 AM
To: sydflr19A - Senior Associates; sydflr19L - Lawyers; sydflr19S - Support Staff
Subject: RE: My lunch...
Katrina

There are items fitting your exact description in the level 20 fridge. Are you sure you didn't place your lunch in the wrong fridge yesterday?

Regards
Melinda
x4142



-----Original Message-----
From: Nugent, Katrina
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:06 AM
To: Bird, Melinda
Subject:
Melinda

Probably best you don't reply to all next time, would be annoyed to the lawyers.

The kitchen was not doing dinner last night, so obviously someone has helped themselves to my lunch.

Really sweet of you to investigate for me!

Katrina Nugent
ext 4739


-----Original Message-----
From: Bird, Melinda
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:14 AM
To: Nugent, Katrina
Subject: RE:
Katrina

Since I used to be a float and am still on the level 19 email list I couldn't help but receive your ridiculous email - lucky me!

You use our kitchen all the time for some unknown reason and I saw the items you mentioned in the fridge so naturally thought you may have placed them in the wrong fridge.

Thanks I know I'm sweet and I only had your best interests at heart. Now as you would say, "BYE"!

Regards
Melinda

-----Original Message-----
From: Nugent, Katrina
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:15 AM
To: Bird, Melinda
Subject: RE:

I'm not blonde!!!


-----Original Message-----
From: Bird, Melinda
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:16 AM
To: Nugent, Katrina
Subject: RE:
Being a brunette doesn't mean you're smart though!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nugent, Katrina
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:17 AM
To: Bird, Melinda
Subject: RE:

I definitely wouldn't trade places with you for "the world"!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bird, Melinda
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:19 AM
To: Nugent, Katrina
Subject: RE:
I wouldn't trade places with you for the world...I don't want your figure!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nugent, Katrina
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:21 AM
To: Bird, Melinda
Subject: RE:
Let's not get person "Miss Can't Keep A Boyfriend".

I am in a happy relationship, have a beautiful apartment, brand new car, high pay job...say no more!!


-----Original Message-----
From: Bird, Melinda
Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:23 AM
To: Nugent, Katrina
Subject: RE:
Oh my God I'm laughing! happy relationship (you have been with so many guys - yep really happy relationship with Gav BACKHOUSE), beautiful apartment (so what), brand new car (me too), high pay job (I earn more)....say plenty more.....I have 5 guys at the moment! haha.



~~~ADDENDUM~~~~
Gavin Backhouse is her cousin, they have slept together, and he is the IT manager at Allens in Sydney. Both the PAs in question are now looking for new jobs. Allens tried to fire the person who leaked this email out, but found that there were 79 of the them in total.

the story has since been leaked to the press and an article was printed today in "full Disclosure".

a little bit of fun for an otherwise dull day.

5 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Lyndon said...

Do you think guys could be capable of this sort of thing?


Also, you seem to be suffering a little comment spam infestation!!!

blogger has a catchpa system available i think ( so comment posters need to enter a word from a picture before posting ).


regards

Your friendly Tech Support Person :-)

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger JumpingPuddles said...

Friendly tech support person: tanks for the tip! the catchpa system u speak of certainly sound intersting - but honestly, i'm not sure i'm tech-y enough to explore that option... hehe

and re: ur actual comment - i dont think guys would be capable at all. or at least, i cant really see guys directly slagging each other off in that, well, petty way. But i'm not a guy... nor am i'm that particular type of chick.

i was thinking though, how it is possible to 'hate' someone from work so much as to bring about this sort of behaviour.

suddenly feel very saintly! lol... hmm.. better start deleting some emails...

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey R, was this the email 'scandal' that Today Tonight and Channel 9 were hooting all about on Thursday night?

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog has been linked to on Zdnet!
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,39020369,39217322,00.htm


funny post by the way.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone have Melinds number, she sounds like a dirty girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home